Monday, March 26, 2012

You Must Have Bad to Properly Enjoy the Good

So we've got two types of news to share today: bad and good. Which would you rather hear first? Of course. Let's start with the bad.

Bad News: Because I am an immigrant (which I talked about briefly in this post), I am required to be able to speak the French language. Not terrible news except... it requires that Mr. Fox and I live apart.

So next weekend I will effectively be moving in with mes beau parents (my inlaws) in order to take my intensive French lessons. I'll be French apprend-ing 4 days a week for 3 to 6 hours a day. It's definitely going to be intense! The schedule is set for 3 months but I only have to take it until I can pass the exam. Thus I'm populating my book arsenal with publications like this:

It's okay for learning the basics.  Be a dummy no more!
And this:
It's the French Grammar bible, baby!
I'm trying to make this stay as short as possible. Not that I don't love my inlaws, but I love my husband more. We worked ΓΌber hard to be together. It's a huge slap in the face that after a mere 5 months together that we will have to be separated yet again. Back to phone calls, emails, and Skype. Back to sleeping alone. Back to no hugs when we are sad. Back to not being able to see him smile.

We are sad.

This face accurately depicts how we feel right now. 
Oh, but I promised some good news right? Okay, here it is:

Good News: In a few short months I will be able to speak French. This means that I will understand the basic conversation during family gatherings, I can order food at a restaurant, I will be able speak freely with the French guests at my wedding, and most importantly I will understand the ceremony as we are married.

It's not a complete loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment